Today started off great, I finished the last of the Sherlock Holmes stories. This morning when I woke up the sun was shining and the birds were chirping. I decided to open my sliding glass door and read in the sunshine for a little while. I read the last two mysteries in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's collected set. I was even able to solve one of the mysteries before Mr. Holmes did. Not just a few pages before the great detective either, I knew what was going on as soon as Doyle described the victim’s death. My mom would be so proud! Holmes would be so embarrassed!
Then it was off to get my hair cut so that I am presentable when Stefani gets here. I’m really excited for her to come to California. We’ll finally get to meet in person. Oddly, I’m hardly nervous about her coming at all. Perhaps that’s because we’ve spent so much time talking via Skype. Maybe it’s because we just naturally seem to get along quite well. Either way, it doesn’t change the fact that I’m super-stoked for her to get here.
Speaking of Stefani’s upcoming trip, I need to get to planning exactly what we’re going to do. Her sister may be in San Francisco for the first few days she’s here. I’ll have to find out more about that tomorrow on our Skype date. I want to do some of the touristy things here and in Baghdad by the Bay. If we have time, it would be fun to spend a couple days in The City that Knows How. I love nicknames for cities. Sacramento is River City (right here in River City - I wonder if The Music Man took place in Sacramento) (nope, that took place in River City, Iowa... I just looked it up), Sac, Sacto, Sac-Town, City of Trees, and The Capitol City. I love it.
Well after I got my ears lowered, and stopped at the grocery store it was off to the library. I’m working on a GLS (Global Lawyering Skills) paper involving the fictional Elphaba Fallows and her plight to preserve the historical site, Vinkus Farms, from the noisy nuisance of The Flying Monkey restaurant/tavern owned by The Wicked Witch. If that sounds like a bunch of bologna... it is. Our creative professor made up this hypothetical situation after finishing the book Wicked, and now we are left to figure out what legal remedies we can offer Mrs. Fallows. Fortunately the mythical jurisdiction of Oz follows all of California’s substantive law.
Well, I think that’s enough for today. I had never stayed in the library until they kicked me out, until tonight. All they did was turn off the lights; it was kind of anticlimactic. I then came home, ate leftover pizza, and composed this masterpiece. What will tomorrow bring? I can’t wait!
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You crack me up. :-) Also, you've been added to my blog feed! You should feel special...
ReplyDeleteLove it Eric!
ReplyDelete